Spanish rice & prawn one-pot
1 onion, sliced
1 red and 1 green pepper, chopped
50g chorizo, sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp olive oil
250g easy cook/precooked basmati rice
400g can chopped tomatoes
200g raw, peeled prawns, defrosted if froze
- Light a Cobble Stone and once ready to cook place the Deep Frying Dish into the Cobb with the lid on to heat for 5 minutes.
- In the Deep Frying Pan, fry the onion, peppers, chorizo and garlic in the oil over a high heat for 5 mins, or until onions and peppers are soft.
- Stir in the rice and chopped tomatoes with 500ml boiling water, cover, then cook over a high heat for 15 mins.
- Uncover, then stir – the rice should be almost tender if you have used easy cook rice. If not then this process will take longer and may require a bit more boiling water.
- Once the rice is almost tender, stir in the prawns, with a splash more water if the rice is looking dry, then cover and cook for another min until the prawns are just pink and the rice tender.